The rush towards computerized patient records is on. For medical practices, federal stimulus funds are now available to cover the cost of buying and deploying EHRs…and then some. But when physicians start using their EHRs, they’ll discover the truth: EHRs slow physicians down.
Nuance® Dragon® Medical Practice Edition helps clinicians – including physicians, nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, therapists, and other care providers – efficiently navigate and dictate medical decision-making and treatment plans directly into a patient’s electronic record. Designed for small practices with 24 physicians or less, Dragon Medical Practice Edition helps practices:
- Improve documentation
- Eliminate transcription costs
- Increase physician satisfaction
- Enhance efficiency
- Increase practice profitability
Nuance Dragon Medical Practice Edition
- Improve care efficiency. Dragon Medical Practice Edition offers virtually instant response time, saving clinicians valuable minutes in their day – no more waiting for transcribed reports or needing to type into their EHRs.
- Reduce transcription and the cost of documentation. Using speech recognition technology, clinicians dictate, edit and sign medical records at the point of care, eliminating as much as $12,000 in annual transcription costs.
- Spend more time with patients. Increased accuracy means fewer errors to correct, which lets clinicians spend more time with patients, improving both quality of care and patient satisfaction.
- Improve documentation. Documentation with Dragon Medical speech recognition technology – as opposed to notes built by point-and-click EHR templates alone – results in higher rates of reimbursement.
- Secure patient information. Dragon Medical Practice Edition supports HIPAA patient confidentiality guidelines.
- Improve physician satisfaction. With Dragon Medical Practice Edition, physicians look forward to practicing medicine – and getting home in time for dinner.
- Increase reimbursement. A major study by a physician practice in the Northeast determined that using Dragon Medical with an EHR increases per-physician reimbursement by $10,000 per year per physician.
Features & Benefits
- Improves the speed and accuracy of documentation
- Accelerates physician EHR adoption
- Dramatically reduces transcription costs
- Allows physicians to spend more time with patients
- Captures the patient story in the clinician’s own words
- Supports higher level of reimbursement, lower number of denials
- Improves clinician satisfaction
- Supports HIPAA guidelines to protect patient confidentiality
- More accurate than ever
In clinical settings, Dragon Medical Practice Edition is over 20% more accurate than the previous version and — and over 60% more accurate than Dragon Professional 12 when used in clinical settings.
- Recognition speed
Dragon Medical Practice Edition improves recognition response time significantly.
- EHR support
Navigate and dictate inside EHR software: History of Present Illness, Review of Systems, and Assessment and Plan.
- Medical vocabularies
Covers nearly 90 specialties and subspecialties.
- Regional accent support
Accented speakers get higher “out-of-the-box” recognition with advanced adaptation techniques and accent-specific acoustic models.
- Hidden mode
Dictate anywhere in the EHR, eliminating navigation between EHR screens and the notes window.
- Dragon Medical Template Library
Includes library of macros for standard notes and “medical normals” by body system.
- Smart configuration
Automatically detects hardware resources. Its state-of-the-art technology takes advantage of advances in hardware and runs in multiple threads automatically when multi-core hardware is detected for better recognition performance
- Recognition analytics
Automatically detects poor audio input and alerts the user, offering advice to remedy the situation and improve accuracy.
- User interface support for PowerMic III
Recommended System Requirements
- CPU: 2.4 GHz Intel Dual Core or equivalent AMD processor. (IMPORTANT: SSE2 instruction set required)
- Processor Cache: 2 MB
- Free hard disk space: 5 GB
- RAM: 2 GB RAM for XP and Vista, and 4 GB for Windows 7, 8 and 2008 64-bit/2012
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8, 9, 10, 11 (free download at www.microsoft.com) Creative® Labs Sound Blaster® 16 or equivalent sound card supporting 16-bit recording
USB or DVD-ROM drive required for installation Supported Operating Systems:
- Microsoft Windows 10, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista SP2, 32-bit and 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows XP SP3, 32-bit only
- Windows Server 2008, SP1, SP2, and R2, 32-bit and 64-bit (Windows 2008 R2 64 bit SP2 ONLY)
- Microsoft® Word 2007, 2010 (32 & 64 bit), 2013 (32 & 64 bit), 2016 (32 & 64 bit)
- Microsoft® Outlook® 2007, 2010, 2013
- Microsoft® Excel® 2007, 2010, 2013
- WordPerfect® x5, x6
- Apache OpenOffice Writer 3.4
- Internet Explorer 8, 9, 10
- RIA IE9
- Mozilla® Firefox® 8+
- RIA FF 12+
- RIA Google Chrome 16+
- Windows Live Mail
- Mozilla® Thunderbird™ x3 and up
- Lotus Notes 8.5
- FTC in Gmail and Hotmail thanks to RIA plug-in
With Dragon Medical Practice Edition and the EHR, we can generate the code that truly reflects the work we do for complex patients. Our Level 4 encounters increased from 3% to 14% over a six month period.
- Chuck Stillwaggon
Practice Administraton Orthopedics Northwest, PLLC